Navigation Bar

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Bee Patch Catchup

The 'Bee Patch' was better than expected with wild flowers providing a rich source of nectar and pollen for all types of bees and other insects. It was also lovely to just sit by the bee patch have a cup of tea and just relax after hard work elsewhwere on the patches.

At times there were 100+ honey bees and a surprising number of 'bumble bees' all challenging for the flowers. Overall I think that the wild poppies would be my choice if I was a bee, yep my favourite from the wild 'bee patch'..........but just didn't beat my overall best flower grown last year --- Double Shine Sunflowers! they were a  'wow!' so this year we are growing four large flower beds of just Double Shines......can't wait! (update on Double Shines soon)


Bee cafe.....not open yet!


First flower opened


Poppies just coming through


Nice! and the cupa too.


Old Drone Bee's work has paid off!








No comments:

Post a Comment